Thailand tourism video Love En Route criticised for featuring Instagram stalker – Indepoendent, February 28, 2015
…Jennifer Perry, CEO of the Digital-Trust abuse charity, has accused the video’s makers of being naive in their portrayal of what is effectively stalking.
She told The Independent that there are many apps which are geared around people meeting each other, but she warned that like the Love En Route film makers, the creators don’t think like an abuser. They therefore do not realise that they are feeding into a pervading view that it’s OK to pursue someone even if they say no.
…She added that the video reflects a naive attitude towards relationships, and it may have had a different ending if it reflected reality.
“It’s a naive view of the world and a very naive view of women that suggests we want to be pursued, and that as long as you’re persistent and charming you can get them to change you mind and you will end up with her as a prize. We see that in film after film. It’s a common thing. That’s a dangerous myth,” she said.
The Tourism Authority of Thailand has not yet responded to a request for a comment.
- 12 Years Ago: Thaksin’s ‘War on Drugs’
- Valentine’s Day in Thailand – Time to Fret About Teen Sex
- Eight Years Ago: Thai Society Horrified Over Sexy Dress
- Seven Years Ago: Samak Denies the 1976 Massacre
- Five Years Ago: Taksin Returns
5 ปีที่แล้ว : ทักษิณกลับมา
- 11 Years Ago Today: Bangkok Post editor fired under political pressure
- 10 Years Ago: Thaksin victory puts Thai media in jeopardy
- 12 Years Ago Today: The burning of the Thai Embassy in Cambodia
วันนี้เมื่อ 12 ปีก่อน : สถานฑูตไทยถูกเผาที่กัมพูชา
- 11 Years Ago: Construction of the Suvanabhumi Airport
วันนี้เมื่อง 11 ปีก่อน : การก่อสร้างสนามบินสุวรรณภูมิ
- Three Years Ago: The Botched Iranian Bombing in Bangkok
- Nine years ago: Thai police to be reformed, Traffic police could face charges of extortion